Sunday 6 September 2015

Boots Cucumber Skincare

Skincare is something that my mum (and dad) have drilled into me since I started wearing makeup. I'm an absolute fanatic about removing all my makeup and ensuring that my skin is squeaky clean before I go to bed and as soon as I wake up. Due to having very sensitive skin I've tried hundreds and hundreds of products that claim to be 'sensitive skin friendly' that just leave my skin looking worse for wear. 

If you (like me) suffer from sensitive skin the amount of ingredients that go into some skincare is alarming and quite worrying. Why do they need seven types of alcohol?! Which is why I decided to go back to basics as it were and try out the Boots Cucumber skincare range. 

I picked up the makeup wipes because, let's face it, some nights I don't want to spend 15 minutes wiping cotton pads over my face. I decided to match this with the moisturiser as my skin has decided that it'd like to become more of a combination skin type and finally the clay mask, simply because I love face masks.

Why cucumber? It's natural, refreshing and moisturising with the added bonus that it smells incredibly fresh. 

Boots Essentials Cucumber Wipes...

These are a heavenly way to remove makeup quickly and effectively. Anyone that has used Double Wear foundation will know the struggle of removing it from your skin, it almost becomes your skin it's that hard to remove. However, with these wipes foundation (even the stubborn ones) glide off. Think it as being as easy as one-two-three. 

They leave your skin with a cooling sensation that has the added benefit of smelling super fresh.

Boots Essentials Cucumber Moisturiser...

Moisturiser is something that used to scare me when my skin was at its oiliest, now my skin craves it and this one does just the job. It's cold to touch and soothes the skin once applied. You've got to wait a couple minutes before applying any makeup/primer but that's the norm with most moisturisers.

Boots Essentials Cucumber 3 Minute Clay Mask...

I love clay masks but they don't usually love me back. I honestly believe that my skin panics when a mask is put on it, it doesn't know how to react so it decides to breakout. With this mask however (touch wood) it's done the exact opposite and reduced any pesky blemishes as well as any redness. It feels like a normal clay mask and dries to a semi-hard texture that you could scrap away should you so desire. This popped on the face for 3 minutes while you make a cup of tea is perfect and a great way to end a day of wearing makeup.