Thursday 27 August 2015

Everyday Make Up

My everyday make up is kept to a minimal amount of products, it's a look that can go from start to finish in 10 minutes. It's not fancy, it's not daring but it works and lasts all day.

For the base...

I've been trying out the EstÄ“e Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Foundation, for the days when I'm in a hurry or feeling less than inspired, this is perfect. It covers everything (seriously, anything) and reduces the time spent applying concealer or going in for a second layer. For the most part though, I thin it out slightly with L'Oreal Infalliable Matte Foundation. The mix of both of these helps me achieve a light enough shade to match my skin as well as the perfect medium coverage.

I mix the two on the back of my hand and then buff them into my face using a Real Techniques Stippling Brush. This achieves a flawless, even cover across the entire face that photographs beautifully and hides any imperfections.

If my skin feels particularly oily I'll set it all in place with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in transparent.

For the eyes and eyebrows...

Eyes wise I like to keep it simple with a my-eyelashes-but-better approach. I use the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Xtreme Black mascara to separate and lengthen. Once this has dried briefly I follow it up with the Rimmel Rockin Curves mascara to add some thickness and depth.

I've recently converted back to the Benefit Brow Zings in the shade Bronzing Medium and love this stage of doing my make up. Applying the wax first over the entirety of my eyebrow and filling in any gaps/smoothing out my brow shape I follow it with the powder, creating my dream brows.







Before and After